To view the assembly means to view the IL code, ILDASM converts the whole exe or
dll into IL Code. To start the same:
- Go to C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8SDKv2.0Bin and then double click
- Open SDK command prompt and type ildasm
- Now in ildasm open assembly File -> Open [or ctrl+O]
- Double click on the MANIFEST
- If you want to view mathclass, just double click on it
- For further information about the methods just do the same as you did in above case
What is MANIFEST
This is a very important part of an assembly. It describes the full information
of an assembly, so, in general words it contains metadata of an assembly. Manifest
is a container of metadata of an assembly, which contains the followings:
- Name, version info, culture info etc.
- Identity of security
- Scope of assembly
- Resolve references to resources and classes.